Saturday, April 02, 2011

Senior Moments

Last month I attended a friend's 60th birthday party. Okay I have to admit, I didn't want to attend especially so that my mom can't come. Like, what would I do there and why did I get invited in the first place? What can we talk about? Crap!

But my friend kept calling that day so I went to the party anyway. Glad I did. I met some wonderful women in their golden years. And I would say, I see the person that I want to be when I grow up, or at least when I turn 60!

These are women who are still fabulous (!) not only because they look good for their age but more importantly because they've accomplished something. They had a career and cherish being a mom and lola (grandma) too. It was a blessing that some have rich and uber-supportive husbands as well. hahahahaha. Kidding aside, aside from enjoying their senior years, they are also nice and not a bit arrogant.

I noticed too that their conversations didn't include "tsismis" (gossip) about friends who weren't at the party or some other common friends. I didn't hear any bitterness in their stories especially about growing old. Instead, they enjoyed reminiscing about their younger days. Some guests were high school classmates, would you believe?

Some talked about the digital slot machines in their last Vegas trip. The other one was talking about her Indonesia trip. Still another, shared that she has a Facebook account and plays FB games as well. Yesss!

1 comment:

knightman said...

I'm glad you had a good time baby. Sometimes we can learn from old people. hahaha