Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Life Happens

Last Monday, I went out to pay some bills. It would have been be a simple routine, send my first payment for the shoes that I got last month to my friend's bank account, then go to another bank and pay my credit card bill. Since I thought those errands would only take a few minutes, I also planned to drop by the grocery to buy some stuff.

So I went to the first bank and filled in a deposit slip. I remember they were serving no.25 when I got in, my number was 53. While waiting, I can't decide on the amount that I will deposit. Should I send more or just send the exact amount. I decided to keep it conservative and went for the exact amount.

Then, since I want to maximize my time, it was a Monday and banks have lots of clients usually on that day, I thought of going to the other bank and make payment while waiting for my number to be called in the first bank. I was uneasy the whole time but I decided to just wait. A few minutes later, the bank went offline. Crap! After confirming that they won't be able to process inter-branch deposit until they went online again which they can't say for certain when (duh!), I decided to leave. But they said I can take my chance and wait till closing time. hahahahaha

So I left and went straight to the ATM of the next bank to withdraw. Tough luck, the machine didn't have money to dispense. I proceeded to the bank teller (a high school batchmate btw) instead and asked her to just debit the amount for my credit card bill from my savings account. She informed though that they need to confirm with my head branch, in short, follow procedures and go through all the trouble. I counted all the cash that I have and luckily, there were enough to cover my bill.

Arrrrrrrrgh. What the hell happened? Oh yeah, Mercury retrograde is until Aug 8. So real! That planet messed up my perfect plan although things ended well considering the surprises for the day.

As I was walking home, I realized that indeed "things happen for a reason". If the first bank didn't go offline, I would be short on cash and wouldn't be able to pay my credit card bill on time. And also, I noticed that the signs were there all along.

Thanks to yoga, meditation and my higher sense of self, I have become more intuitive and sensitive. Really, some people just don't realize that the things they're looking for are right in front of them.

No comments: