Saturday, June 02, 2012

Stories From 9000 Miles Away

I had a good, hard laugh when I learned that people (itago na lang natin sila sa pangalang GOSSIP GIRLS) are talking about me 9000 miles away from Manila. I wouldn't give you a hard time guessing who they are. Yes, there are GGs in NY talking about me! Say what??????? Hahahahaha.

It's not true GGs! But thanks for the publicity! Remind me to bring you pasalubong. I know you are eagerly waiting for me. It wouldn't take long now. Konting tulog na lang! hahahaha

With that non-issue settled, I would like to share that one of my BFFs is pregnant (for real!), her third! Okay Gossip Girls, if you are talking about her, thanks for the well wishes. I will let her know.

Anyway, I am loving this new month. May was kinda fast and furious, there were too many dramatic moments that happened. June has a different air to it. Rainy days just started. Finally, a welcome respite from the so super hot summer!

And I am loving my niece's blog posts. My! My! She is really something, a superstar in the making. A real drama princess who has been through a lot of lying, hacking, backstabbing, backbiting and what-have-you in her 9-year-old existence, teenie weenie frame, just to find her BFF!

Arrrgh, this is not the reason I am writing today. I mean to talk about letting go since a friend asked "when do you know if the guy is not "the one" for you?" Am not claiming to be an expert in the subject but I can certainly share my opinion. So here it goes...

It's time to let go when you are unappreciated, when the guy you're with doesn't want to accommodate you in his super busy lifestyle and instead just want you to fill in some free time. If the guy wouldn't even see you when you're sick, show him the exit door, please! NO!!! You're not asking why! Geez, what if you get sick and die the next day! Love and life are important you know that's why it's called a LOVELIFE! Duh! How can you tell a dead person that you love him/her. What's the point?

When the bf only likes your pretty face and fit body, think a gazillion times if you can take it when he leaves you for a sexier and younger woman later on. You have other good qualities and you know very well that you deserve someone better!

Thing is, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to relationships. What works for me may not work for you but certainly there are warning signs that you need to be aware of. A generous guy is a good catch. It's not the money dumb ass! It's being generous with his time, love, kind words and appreciation. He encourages you when you're down. He boosts your confidence when you're feeling vulnerable. When he's grateful about the little things that you do for him (liking your carbonara, for example), stay! Even when he is not rich but still sends you flowers for no reason except that he's thinking about you, he must love you or at least you're important to him. Awwww ♥

Little things matter in a relationship. If he snaps and berates you when all you did was ask an innocent question, gosh, do I really need to tell you that is saying something? NOT GOOD! Some women equate GREAT LOVE with GREAT SACRIFICE. To each her own. Not for me!!!

When you love, you must be happy to do things for your sweetheart. If you call it sacrifice, is that even love? Why are you not happy doing things for him? Although you must take the effort to make your partner appreciated and feel loved, you must do that happily because that is how love should be. It's magical. It's surreal. And not all will be able to find it because they're too busy looking for things that don't matter at all or worse, settling for a guy they think they can change.

Love cannot change a person but it can bring out the best in him/her. It can make a person more tolerant and embrace the shortcomings, it can magnify a person's good traits and also, hopefully, keep bad ones at bay. If a person brings out the worst in you, there is something wrong somewhere! Find the problem and fix it, if you can. Ask yourself if you like the person you're turning out to be. If the answer is no, then that is the time to let go. At the end of the day, you will realize that when you are not loving yourself anymore, you will not be able to love somebody else.

In any relationship, self-love is important. You must love yourself first because you cannot share what you don't have!

Wishing you love, love, love! It's the greatest gift and most powerful magic! Keep the faith! ♥♥♥

No comments: