Sunday, May 06, 2012

M(a/e)rry May

My parents, older brother, aunt and cousin were married in May. Here in Metro Manila, it is a great time to marry since flowers are in bloom and during the early part of the month, you can still enjoy sunny weather (June is mostly rainy). This weekend, my parents and older brother (and sis-in-law, of course) celebrated their wedding anniversaries (May 3 and 4, respectively). An uncle had an early birthday celebration (May 6) as well.

As usual, we had lots of food and fun/funny conversations. Since my mom loves to cook, she was in high spirits as she watched her grandchildren devour every bit of pancit canton, lechon kawali, chicken pineapple and drank to their heart's content the cold and sweet gulaman drink. The waknatoy (Marikeños' version of menudo) brought by my uncle and the Red Ribbon mocha cake gift from my other brother were also early favorites.

Karlo, my favorite nephew, is now a teenager and our conversations have now shifted to girls and prom dates. My pretty nieces are growing up so fast too and new addition to the family is highly anticipated. Two of my cousins are expecting their first-born in a few months. Whewww!!! I can't thank the universe enough for the kind of support, love and occasional spats that my family (and extended family) enjoy all these years.

Even Magnolia looks forward to more parties such as the latest one we had. Am sure she enjoyed the lechon kawali. hahahaha

Thank you Universe!

No comments: